This one pan plan only takes 30 minutes to make and has serious flavor. Tender chicken thighs in a creamy curried coconut milk with crispy brown rice.
6 Ingredient Chicken Coconut Curry
- Yield: 5 servings
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cooking Time: 25 min
- 10 four ounce chicken thighs, boneless & skinless
- 3 tablespoons Yellow curry powder, like madras or moochi
- 2 cups of light coconut milk from the can
- ½ pound sugar snap peas(or snow peas), thinly sliced on an angle
- 1.5 red bell peppers, sliced & halved
- Juice of 1 lime or 2 teaspoons rice wine vinegar
- 2.5 cups cooked & frozen brown rice
- Grapeseed or olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Fresh cracked black pepper
- Season both sides of the chicken with a generous amount of curry powder and salt, let sit at room temperature for 20 minutes. Pre-heat a large cast iron pan just below high heat with 2 teaspoons of oil for 2 minutes. Add half of the chicken to the pan and cook for 3 minutes, or until the chicken is nicely browned, flip and repeat. Remove first batch of chicken from pan and repeat the process with the second batch. Turn the heat to medium-low, add 1 teaspoon of oil to the pan along with 1 tablespoon of curry powder, stir well making sure the curry powder doesn't burn. Cook for 1 minute to bloom the essential oils in the powder and then immediately go in with the coconut milk, stir very well. Raise the heat back to medium high and season the milk with ½ teaspoon of salt and a few cracks or pepper. Add the chicken back to the pan along with the snap peas and red peppers and bring the mixture to a boil, reduce to a simmer, and cook with a lid on the pan for 7 minutes. If you don't have a pan, use a sheet tray to cover it. After 7 minutes, take the lid off and cook another 5-10 minutes, or until the liquid has reduced a little bit. Add the lime juice or vinegar, stir well and check for seasoning, you will probably need more salt and/or lime juice. Take off the heat and set aside.
- For the rice, pre-heat a pan, preferably cast iron, over medium-high with 2 teaspoons of oil for 2 minutes. Add the frozen rice along with ½ teaspoon of salt, a few cracks of pepper, mix well and form the rice into one single well packed layer. Let the rice cooked undisturbed for 5 minutes and then use a spatula to flip it. The bottom should start to look a little crusty, mix well, form another layer, and cook 5 minutes. Once the rice has some nice brown spots, it's done. Give it a taste and add more salt if needed. If the rice is too crunchy, add ⅓ of water and cook over medium-low heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Serve the rice with chicken, veggies, and sauce, enjoy! Everything will keep in the fridge for 5 days or can be frozen for 2-3 months. It's best to thaw everything the night before you want to eat it. Take the lid off the container, cover with tin foil, and heat in a 400 degree F oven for 10-12 minutes. If using the microwave, take lid off, cover with a wet paper towel, and reheat making sure not to heat too long or too hot, or the chicken will dry out.
505 calories per meal
19.4 grams of fat per meal
53 grams of protein per meal
30.6 grams of carbs per meal
2.4 grams of fiber per meal
This post comes from the TODAY Food Club community, where anyone can write posts, ask questions and share advice. Learn more and join us!