You really don't want these olive oil rich and gooey Chia seed breakfast cookies... Because, it would ruin it for you ever wanting any other cookie!
A Whole-Lotta Whole Grain Goodness
- Servings: 1
- Yield: 2 dozen
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cooking Time: 10 min
- 1 c light brown sugar
- 1 ½ c extra virgin olive oil. Please only highest quality oil
- 2 large room temperature eggs
- 1 T. pure vanilla. Dash of vanilla bean pod
- 2 t. baking powder
- ½ t. sea salt
- 1 c. of flax seed meal
- ¼ c of chia seeds
- 2 c of quick oats
- 1 ½ c of flour
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Line cookie sheets with parchment paper sheets
- Combine all ingredients accordingly in a glass bowl, blending as you go.
- With a medium ice cream scoop, place cookie batter onto prepared cookie sheets
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes. Ovens will vary
Mama G's Jolly Good Tips.
Allow cookies to thoroughly cool and remove by lifting parchment paper away from cookie as opposed to lifting cookie directly from parchment. This will maintain integrity of cookie.
Once cooled Immediately store in single layers in airtight container.
These are marvelous with 1 cup of Ghirardelli chocolate chips added.
Dash of vanilla bean pod can be optional. Please use a very high quality vanilla.
Caution. Cookies are extremely addicting.
Love, Mama G