Get a taste of fall with these cupcakes.
Apple Cinnamon Cupcakes
- 1 vanilla cake mix
- ½ cup butter softened
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup soy milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup unsweetened plain coconut yogurt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon plus extra for sprinkling
- ½ cup gala apple peeled and diced into small pieces
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 stick butter softened
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1-2 tablespoons soy milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place cupcake liners in a regular size cupcake pan.
- In a bowl beat the eggs.
- Add the butter and continue to beat.
- Add the soy milk, vanilla extract, yogurt and continue mixing.
- Add the cake mix and cinnamon until smooth and creamy.
- Fold in the apple to the batter until evenly distributed.
- Pour the batter into the cupcake pan filling each cup about two thirds full.
- Place in the oven and bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- In a bowl, mix the butter and frosting mix with an electric mixer on low speed. If the frosting is too thick, gradually add in 1 tablespoon of soy milk at a time.
- Spread frosting over each cupcake and sprinkle some cinnamon on top.