The truth is, you love avocados. They are a superior superfood
- Servings: 1 slice
- Yield: Serves 4
- Prep Time: 8 min
- Cooking Time: 3 min
- 4 (¼-inch) slices high-quality whole grain bread
- 2 avocados, seeded
- 1 red bell pepper, roasted and thinly sliced
- ½ lemon
- Sea salt flakes
- Lots of freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Extra virgin olive oil to drizzle
- Heat a rigged cast iron skillet to medium high heat. Drizzle the four slices of bread with 1 teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil each.
- Grill the bread on each side until the bread becomes toasted and grill marks appear.
- Remove the slices of bread from the pan and immediately smash ½ of an avocado onto each slice of bread with a fork.
- The avocado should be chunky.
- Evenly distribute the roasted red pepper onto each slice of toast and season each with a squeeze of lemon, salt and freshly cracked black pepper.
- Finish by drizzling with a finishing extra virgin olive oil.
- Serve immediately.
"Happy Food To Eat"
With love, Mama G.