Easy and healthy, this beet salad is perfect for Easter brunch or dinner and as a salad course or as a vegetarian side dish. Leftovers are wonderful for lunch too!
Beet Salad with Goat Cheese, Apricots, and Pistachios
- Yield: 4 servings
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cooking Time: 45 min
- 4 medium organic golden and/or red beets
- 3-4 ounces herb goat cheese, crumbled
- ⅓ cup dried apricots, chopped
- ⅓ cup roasted pistachio pieces (I used Trader Joe's dry roasted & unsalted)
- 3 Tb good quality extra virgin olive oil
- 3 Tb balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Scrub beets well, dry, and coat with a little olive oil. Place beets in an ovenproof pan, cover with foil, and roast at 350 for 40-45 minutes, or until knife tender.
- When beets are cool enough to handle, remove the skin, and cut into slices. Place beets on a serving platter, sprinkle with goat cheese, chopped apricots, and pistachios.
- In a small bowl, combine olive oil and balsamic vinegar and mix well. Drizzle over beets. Serve immediately.