Blueberry Zucchini Muffins! Try adding veggies in your muffins! Paired with milk, these muffins are a nutritious way to start the day and fuel your family!
Blueberry Zucchini MuffinsPrep Time: 15 min Cooking Time: 28 min
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
- 2 tablespoons water
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1¼ cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 heaping cup mashed ripe bananas
- 1 cup grated zucchini; skin on
- 1 cup blueberries
- Preheat oven to 375F. Lightly spray a muffin pan with non-stick baking spray or line a muffin pan with liners and set aside. Combine the flaxseed meal and water in a small bowl and mix together. Let sit for about 5 minutes to thicken.
- Using a large mixing bowl, add in the flax egg, and mix with the coconut sugar, vegetable oil, sour cream and vanilla extract. In a separate mixing bowl, mix together the dry ingredients: the whole wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda and kosher salt.
- Add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients and stir until just combined. Mix in the bananas, grated zucchini, and the blueberries and stir to combine. Divide batter evenly into 12 muffin cups and bake for about 25 to 28 minutes, or until a tester inserted comes out clean. Allow the muffins to cool for at least 5 to 10 minutes before serving. Enjoy with a glass of milk.