Moist, flavorful and packed with vitamins, fiber and healthy fats from avocados, you need to try this Chocolate Avocado Bread!
Chocolate Avocado BreadPrep Time: 10 min Cooking Time: 50 min
- ⅔ cup cocoa powder
- ½ cup coffee, roast medium
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups almond flour, finely ground
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 ripe avocados, ripe medium
- ¼ cup agave nectar, organic light
- ¼ cup brown sugar, light
- 3 eggs, large
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease or spray a loaf pan and line with parchment paper; set aside.
- Using a small mixing bowl, whisk together the cocoa powder, coffee and vanilla extract. In a separate large mixing bowl, sift together the almond flour, baking soda and salt.
- Using your food processor, pulse together the avocados, agave and brown sugar. Process until the avocado mixture is smooth and pale green. Add in the chocolate mixture and blend/pulse until well combined. Add in the eggs and pulse 3-5 times to incorporate into the mixture.
- Using a rubber spatula, gently fold the chocolate avocado mixture into the dry ingredients, mixing in the chocolate chips as well.
- Carefully pour the batter into your prepared loaf pan (batter will be a little thick) and bake for about 50 to 60 minutes or until a tester inserted comes out clean. Let the bread cool for at least 20 minutes before removing from the pan, slicing and serving.
Store any leftover bread in foil and a zip-top bag and place in the refrigerator.