This quick and easy tea cake is perfect for breakfast or afternoon tea. It is dense and rich with a hint of sweet.
Cinnamon Tea cakePrep Time: 10 min Cooking Time: 35 min
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups Gold Medal Flour
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 Tablespoons Cinnamon
- 1 cup whole milk
- Powdered sugar and water as needed for glaze
- Cream butter with sugar.
- Add flour mixed with baking powder, salt and cinnamon
- Add milk and beat together thoroughly.
- Bake in a medium light colored loaf pan at 350 degrees F. 30 to 35 minutes, or until done.
- Remove cinnamon tea cake from oven. Let sit 15 minutes and remove from pan.
- Place warm bread on top of large piece of plastic wrap. Drizzle a powdered sugar glaze over the top and sides of bread. Or, your favorite glaze. Coat entire surface.
- Wrap bread with the plastic wrap. Allow bread to steam overnight in the plastic wrap. Slice the next morning for breakfast.
Mama G's Jolly Good Tips:
Coat loaf pan with cooking spray and flour to prevent cake from sticking. Monitor cake. All ovens vary.
Gold Medal flour performs best with this recipe.
This recipe has no eggs.
Bringing friends and family together through the love of food!
It's The Goodness!
What's Cooking?... With Mama G