Get festive with our Cocoa Avocado Franken-Bites: A Fun Halloween Snack! Little ones will love making these, and you'll all enjoy the creamy, rich snack.
Cocoa Avocado Franken-Bites
- 1 ripe avocado, seed and skin removed
- 1 cup dark chocolate baking chips (or milk chocolate, if you prefer)
- 25 square crackers of your choice
- 50 mini white chocolate chips (2 for each cracker)
- Mash avocado in a small bowl until smooth. Set aside.
- Melt the chocolate baking chips in a microwave-safe bowl, in 30 second increments, stirring in between (about 2-3 times).
- Using a spreader, spread avocado evenly onto a cracker. Dip the top of the cracker into the chocolate to create the "hair". Then, add 2 of the white chocolate chips as eyes.
- Now, dip the tip of the spreader into the chocolate (or use a paint brush) to dot the eyes and add a fun mouth shape. Get creative! Repeat for the remaining crackers.
Get festive with our Cocoa Avocado Franken-Bites: A Fun Halloween Snack!
Welcome to the first installment of our three-part series of fun, easy Halloween snack crafts you can do with your kids. These Cocoa Avocado Franken-Bites are a blast to make! The funny faces and "eyes"; the creamy avocado and rich chocolate, provide the perfect snack of savory sweetness. And you can say "see ya!" to the guilt since your little one is eating a superfood (hello, avocado!).
Check out our video below for the recipe. We hope you enjoy these as much as we did. HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!
COCOA AVOCADO FRANKEN-BITES: A FUN HALLOWEEN SNACK!
RECIPE: COCOA AVOCADO FRANKEN-BITES
Age: 12 months plus
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: NO COOK!
Yield: 25 crackers
Food storage: best served immediately
Serving: self-feed, family friendly
Don't forget to tag us using the hashtag #whatagoodeater so we can see what you and your kids come up with!
Check out our cookbook What a Good Eater! for baby & toddler recipes with healthy herbs and spices to add flavor and broaden your baby’s palette, now available on Amazon! If you enjoyed this post, sign up to receive our newsletter for other great ideas on feeding your baby, toddler, and family.