This is officially the prettiest food I've ever assembled. I mean, look at that pink bowl of fruity goodness. Yum! And spoiler alert - it tastes as grand as it looks. I've been on the acai berry bowl kick for a while now, but since discovering another exotic pretty food - pitaya (also known as dragonfruit), I've been whipping these up in my Vitamix and it couldn't be a more delicious snack. Or breakfast. Or lunch. I really like food that can multitask for me, and this one is good any time of the day :)
Dragonfruit Smoothie Bowl
- Servings: 2 bowls
- Yield: 2 servings
- Prep Time: 15 min
- - 1 serving Pitaya Smoothie packet (4-packs found in the freezer section of your grocery store, next to the frozen fruit, right next to the acai berry smoothie packs) - I like the Pitaya Plus brand
- - ¼ cup Almond Milk
- - Fresh fruit of your choice - strawberries, blueberries, kiwi, bananas, sliced
- - Toppings of your choice - I like granola, chia seeds, sliced almonds, shredded unsweetened coconut
- Run 1 frozen packet of pitaya under cold water for about 20 seconds. Then add packet to a blender (I love my Vitamix), and combine with ¼ cup almond milk. Blend until smooth.
- 2. Pour pitaya mix into two bowls.
- 3. Top with sliced fruit and all the yummy toppings.