For a bit of freshness, whip up a batch of this Easiest Ever Strawberry Jam this spring. Fresh berries are simmered with orange zest, juice, and a bit of sugar and marry for the best ever refrigerator jam. This Strawberry Jam will be the hit at your next brunch!
Easiest Ever Strawberry JamPrep Time: 15 min Cooking Time: 35 min
- 2 pounds of fresh strawberries, rinsed and hulled
- Zest of one orange
- ¼ cup of fresh orange juice
- 1 ½ - 2 cups of granulated sugar (depending on how sweet the strawberries are)
- ½ of a Granny Smith apple, peeled, cored and diced small
- ½ cup of fresh blueberries, rinsed
- Slice the strawberries into quarters and place in a heavy Dutch oven or heavy bottomed pan.
- Add the orange zest and orange juice to the strawberries.
- Add the sugar to to the strawberry mixture and mix with a spatula.
- Bring the berries to a boil over medium heat, stirring often.
- Add the diced apples and blueberries to the bubbling strawberry mixture and stir to combine.
- Let the mixture continue to boil, stirring occasionally with a silicone spatula. Skim any white foam off of the top of the mixture.
- Bring the mixture to 220 degrees on a candy thermometer - about 25 - 30 minutes or so.
- Using a potato masher or a silicone spatula, mash the berries a bit if they haven't fully broken down.
- Take the mixture off the heat and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Ladle the cooled jam into jars and store in the refrigerator, covered, for about 2 weeks or so.
This Easiest Ever Strawberry Jam is one of my favorites for spring and summer and comes together quickly. This sweet jam is perfect for not only spreading on your favorite biscuits or croissants, but also delicious swirled into Greek yogurt, layered into dessert parfaits or drizzled over ice cream.
For the original recipe, you can check out the Easiest Ever Strawberry Jam on Cooking In Stilettos.