Orange Goji Biscuits
Serving: 6-8 biscuits depending upon shape
- 250g almond meal
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 60g butter (or ghee or coconut oil)
- 100g dried goji berries (you can also sub for 70g cranberries)
- Rind of one orange (organic is best when using rind)
- 4 Tablespoons juice from orange
- For glaze, one beaten egg
- Add almond meal, baking powder, salt, butter, goji berries and rind in food processor and blend until well combined. Add egg and orange juice and blend until a dough begins to form - you can add water in 1-Tablespoon increments if dough isn't as moist as the images below.
- Transfer dough to a clean, flat surface and knead together before rolling out to about 1/2" thickness (I like to sprinkle a little almond meal to prevent dough from sticking - see images below).
- Cut shapes (I like to use fun cookie cutters for this) and carefully place each biscuit on a baking sheet before brushing with a little of the beaten egg.
- Bake at 400F/200C until biscuits appear to brown and 'puff' up - this should take about 15-20 mins depending upon your oven.