Gooey rich and delicious pumpkin bread drizzled with glaze is a family favorite
Gooey Pumpkin Bread
- Servings: 1 slice
- Yield: 8 servings
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cooking Time: 40 min
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 ½ cup Gold Medal flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 4 large room temperature eggs
- ⅔ cup water - room temperature
- 2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups Libby's pumpkin
- ⅔ cup walnuts, optional
- Mix and fold all ingredients accordingly into large bowl.
- Grease and flour two medium size loaf pans. I use cooking spray and then lightly flour.
- Preheat over to 350 degrees. Bake for approximately 40 minutes. All ovens will vary. Insert toothpick after 30 minutes to test.
Mama G's "how-to."
1. When coating pans use an even layer of cooking spray with no pooling. Then, flour pan but make certain all areas are covered with no clumps. It should look like velvet.
2. Please use only light colored pans. No dark.
3. One of the reasons my sweet breads are so decadent is the texture. Remove bread from pan. Place it in plastic wrap overnight. This will steam the bread. The next day you will have sticky gooey and moist bread.
4. You can also drizzle simple syrup over the bread and then wrap in plastic wrap. Then, let it steam overnight. Or, drizzle syrup in the morning.
5. Let oven preheat for 1/2 hour. Oven temperature will read 350 before the entire interior of the oven reaches that temperature. This is important.
5. I also make my pumpkin bread in a bundt pan and it is fabulous. And, always beautiful. Perfect if you are serving quests. Dark pans will burn the outside. Light colored pans only please.
If you have questions along the way I am so happy to help. Comment here and reach me at https://www.facebook.com/whatscookingwithmamag/
With, Love. Mama G
"Happy Food To Eat"