A one pot dinner sure to impress the entire family. Greek Style Stuffed Peppers are packed with chicken, feta cheese, kalamata olives, sun dried tomatoes and brown rice for a heart healthy dinner loaded with flavor. Make it in advance for a quick weeknight dinner.
Greek Style Stuffed Peppers with Chicken Feta and Kalamata Olives
- Servings: 1 pepper
- Yield: 4 servings
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cooking Time: 40 min
- 4 large bell peppers, tops sliced off and seeds removed
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 ½ cups cooked, chopped chicken breast
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese, plus 2 tablespoons for topping
- ¼ cup chopped kalamata olives
- ¼ cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes (not packed in oil)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the peppers, cut side up, in a baking dish coated with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the rice, chicken, spinach, cheese, olives tomatoes, olive oil, vinegar, basil, oregano, salt and pepper. Stir the mixture until well blended and spoon the mixture into the peppers. Place the tops of the peppers on the filling and transfer to the oven. Bake the peppers for 40-45 minutes or until the peppers have softened. Sprinkle the peppers with the remaining feta cheese and serve immediately.