You really don't want these sticky glazed carrots... Because, it would ruin it for you ever wanting any other carrot!
Honey Glazed Heirloom Carrots
- Yield: Serves 4
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cooking Time: 8 min
- 4 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1 lb baby Heirloom carrots washed and peeled
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoons cracked black pepper
- 3 Tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 orange zested and juiced
- 3 springs thyme
- Heat olive oil and butter in cast-iron pan over medium heat
- When sauce bubbles add carrots to pan
- Allow to cook for 8 minutes
- Turn occasionally until slightly brown and Al dente
- Season with salt and pepper
- Deglaze pan with soy sauce and orange juice
- Add zest from juice and thyme sprigs
- Let sauce reduce over medium heat until carrots are glazed and sticky
- Remove from pan and serve immediately
Mama G's Jolly Good Tips:
Deglaze: To dissolve the small particles of sauteed meat remaining in pan by adding a liquid and heating. Deglazing in key. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deglazing_(cooking)
Cast Iron is an all time favorite when it comes to the perfect cookware. It is the only cookware I use. It maintains heat, virtually non stick, easy clean, inexpensive, even cooking, sears to perfection. https://www.lodgemfg.com/prodcat/seasoned-cast-iron.asp
Cast Iron is perfect for holiday gatherings. Cast Iron goes from the stove top right to the table. Each guests can be served in single serve skillets.
What's Cooking?... With Mama G
Helping you be successful in the kitchen!
With, Love! Mama G.