Sweet but tangy Key Lime Tarts to kick start Spring!
Key Lime Tarts
- Yield: 12
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cooking Time: 15 min
- 1 sheet puff pastry, thawed according to package
- ⅓ cup key lime juice, about 10 key limes
- 16 ounces heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup sugar
- key lime zest
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Roll out puff pastry into a rectangle.
- Place on baking sheet. Cut a line around the edge of puff pastry, 1 inch from the edge to make a border.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Using a flat spatula press down middle of pastry. Set aside add allow to completely cool.
- In mixer add key lime juice, 2 tablespoons zest, sugar and heavy whipping creamy.
- Mix until very stiff peaks.
- Place cream into piping bag and pipe onto pastry.
- Top with zest and ENJOY!
Making puff pastry desserts can be quick but elegant! They are simple to make with little effort!
For more recipes visit Nancy over at her blog, The Bitter Side of Sweet.