This pie is full of lemon flavor that you will make your mouth sing with pure pleasure, a recipe from Seduction in the Kitchen.
Lemon Meringue Pie
- 1-¼ cups sugar
- ⅓ cup cornstarch
- 1 cup cold water
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- ⅓ cup cold water
- 3 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon clear vanilla extract
- Dash salt
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- In a saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch., the stir in water until smooth.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly
- Reduce heat; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Remove from the heat. Stir in a small amount of hot filling into egg yolks. Return the egg yolk mixture to the pan, stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir 2 minutes
- Add lemon juice and butter; stir until butter is melted and mixture is blended. Cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Take off the heat and pour the hot filling into pastry shell.
- Set the pie in the fridge while you make the meringue
- In a saucepan, combine cornstarch, vanilla, and water until smooth.
- Cook and stir over medium-low heat until mixture is thickened, about 2 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- In a bowl, beat egg whites, until foamy.
- Gradually beat in sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, on medium speed until soft peaks form and sugar is dissolved.
- Gradually beat in cornstarch mixture, 1 tablespoon at a time, on high until stiff peaks form.
- Take the pie out the fridge and spread evenly over the filling, sealing edges to crust
- Bake at 325° for 18-20 minutes or until meringue is golden.
- Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour, then place the pie in the Refrigerator for at least 3 hours before serving.
- Slice it up and ENJOY!
You can learn more about this recipe on my blog Seduction in the Kitchen!