Fresh green beans paired with a citrus zest that will add major flair to any spring meal!
Mandarin Orange Green Beans
- Yield: 2-4 servings
- Cooking Time: 10 min
- 1 pound fresh green beans
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons mandarin orange juice
- 1 teaspoon mandarin orange zest + more to garnish
- ⅛ teaspoon cardamon
- ½ teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- Wash and pat try the green beans. Trim the ends off and cut into halves or thirds.
- Heat olive oil in a large pan over medium high heat Place the cut green beans into the pan, coat evenly with the olive oil, and let heat around 5 minutes.
- Add the orange juice, zest, cardamon, and balsamic vinegar.
- Turn the heat down to medium and sauté another 5 minutes until beans are slightly soft.
- Serve immediately and garnish with more orange zest to taste.