A delicious, healthy alternative to the store bought variety with no sugar.
Paleo Herb Breakfast Sausage
- Yield: 1 pound
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cooking Time: 15 min
- 1 pound of freshly ground pork, turkey, beef, or chicken
- 1½ tsp rubbed dried sage
- ¾ tsp Italian seasoning
- ¾ tsp garlic powder
- ¾ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes (or more if you like it spicy)
- ¼ ground cloves
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Combine ground meat and all other ingredients in a large bowl. Mix well until seasonings are distributed throughout the meat (I use my hands). Use immediately or cover and place in refrigerator for at least 1 hour to allow the flavors to mingle.
- When ready to use, can shape into patties or leave in bulk form to use in other recipes.
- To cook, place skillet over medium heat (may need to add a little oil if using a lean protein). Once skillet is hot, place sausage in pan and cook until lightly brown and thoroughly cooked.
- **To freeze sausage patties, put a piece of cut wax or parchment paper in between each patty, then place them in a freezer bag. Can be frozen for up to 2 months.