Pea, Cheddar & Crispy Pancetta Crustless Quiche – a delightfully light quiche recipe with the perfect balance of savory flavors. An easy to make dish for breakfast, brunch or dinner.
Pea, Cheddar & Crispy Pancetta Crustless Quiche
- 1 tablespoon butter, plus 1 tablespoon more for buttering the pan
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 ounces sliced pancetta
- 6 eggs
- ¾ cup half and half or heavy cream
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- ½ teaspoon chopped fresh mint leaves
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- a few slices of avocado and mint for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Use 1 tablespoon of butter to grease the pan and set aside.
- Heat a skillet on medium high heat. Melt the butter in the pan.
- Add the chopped onions and cook, stirring occasionally until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute more.
- Pour the onions and garlic into a large mixing bowl and set aside.
- Return the skillet back the the stove and reheat again on medium heat. In batches, add the pancetta and cook until browned and crisp, about 5 minutes per side.
- Remove to a paper-towel-lined plate and let drain briefly. Crumble when cool.
- Crack open 6 eggs into the mixing bowl.
- Add in the half and half or cream and whisk together
- Stir in the peas, cheese, crumbled pancetta, chopped mint, salt and pepper.
- Pour into buttered pie dish and place on a large baking sheet.
- Bake until the quiche is puffed and golden brown, about 1 hour.
- Granish with slices of avocado and mint, if desired.
Visit ZagLeft for other Crustless Quiche recipes and more!