One skillet dish with seared chicken, potatoes and a lemon cream sauce made from preserved lemons.
Preserved Lemon Chicken Skillet
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 tbs oil
- ½ cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbs minced preserved lemon
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 1 clove garlic diced
- 2 tsp fresh thyme
- 8 oz halved small golden potatoes
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup diced pimentos
- Sear chicken in a heated cast iron skillet over medium high in 2 Tbs oil until browned, turn and brown the other side, then put in a separate container on the side.
- heat oven to 375F
- Add ½ cup lemon juice to deglaze the pan and add in minced rind, broth, thyme, garlic and potatoes and simmer over medium heat until the liquid reduces by half (10 mins).
- Nestle chicken in the potatoes in the juice, season with salt and pepper, scatter the pimentos and pour over the cream.
- Place skillet in the oven at 375F for 10 to 15 minutes until the potatoes are browned on top and the chicken registers 175F.
Full recipe with special prep details: Preserved Lemon Chicken Skillet
January in Arizona means citrus and we've got a family tradition of preserving lemons. With all of those leftover preserved lemons, I love to make zinged up one pot dinners like this Lemon Chicken Skillet.