This drink is bursting with so much flavor from all the natural and fresh ingredients,it doesn't even need a simple sugar syrup. The natural sweetness of the raspberries is enough and pairs excellently with the slightly sweet finish of the fresh basil and tartness of the lime juice.
Raspberry Lime Basil Gin Cocktail
- Yield: 1 drink
- Prep Time: 5 min
- 6 whole fresh raspberries
- 1 Tb fresh basil leaves, chiffonade (cut into thin ribbons)
- 2 ounces gin
- 1 ounces sparkling water or club soda, lime flavored or plain
- 1 Tb fresh lime juice
- ½ cup ice
- Optional garnish: lime slices and whole fresh basil leaves
- Place raspberries and basil in cocktail shaker and lightly muddle together. Add gin, sparkling water or club soda, fresh lime juice, and ice to shaker and shake for 3 seconds.
- Pour mixed drink in a glass. Garnish with additional limes slices and fresh basil leaves. Can strain drink into glass with ice to remove raspberry seeds and basil, if desired.