Whole food nutrients, hearty comfort, bold layered flavors, gluten free, vegetarian deliciousness!
- Yield: 8
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cooking Time: 1 hr 15 min
- 1 eggplant (cut in half lengthwise)
- 3 whole beets (peeled and cubed)
- 2 large zucchini (cut in half lengthwise)
- 2 large yellow squash (cut in half lengthwise)
- 1 large spaghetti squash (need approx. 4 c. yield, pierced with knife twice on top)
- 1 6 oz. can organic tomato sauce
- 1 32 oz. can organic diced tomatoes
- 1 whole garlic head (cut top off)
- 1 medium yellow onion (peeled, cut in half)
- 2 orange bell peppers (cut in half, seeded)
- 1 T. fresh basil (chopped)
- 1 T. flat leaf parsley (chopped, plus some to garnish)
- 1 c. dry red wine plus ½ c. water
- 1 ½ tsp. sea salt (plus some for roasting)
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper (plus some for roasting)
- 1 T. EVOO (plus some for roasting)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 T. honey
- ½ tsp. fresh thyme (chopped)
- ¼ tsp. red pepper flakes
- quality grated parmigiano reggiano (garnish)
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place spaghetti squash in oven for 25 minutes cut side up leaving room on pan for remaining vegetables.
- Drizzle beets, eggplant, zucchini, squash with oil, sprinkle salt/pepper. Place with squash in oven for 10 minutes.
- Drizzle onion, pepper, garlic head with oil, sprinkle salt/pepper. Place with other veggies in oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove vegetables from oven. Allow to cool.
- Cut spaghetti squash open when cool to touch. Remove seeds.
- Place spaghetti squash into a large bowl. Drizzle with oil, sprinkle salt/pepper. Incorporate with a fork until well blended.
- Pour 1 T. oil into dutch oven on stove over medium-low heat. Add tomato sauce, tomatoes, and wine.
- Chop all vegetables to desired size. Remove garlic from skin, finely chop. Add all to sauce.
- Add remaining ingredients. Simmer on low for 15 minutes.
- Grease 9x9 baking pan. Spread spaghetti squash on bottom.
- Ladle sauce on top. Place into oven for 15 minutes or until hot.
- Allow to sit for 10 minutes. Spoon serving. Sprinkle with parmesan and garnish with parsley.
Great for make ahead entertaining, flavors develop even more if made 1-2 days prior. Leftover sauce is perfect for baked Ratatouille chicken or over any other type of pasta or rice.