Spaghetti squash and meat sauce cook together in this easy slow cooker meal. This is a healthy, low-carb, paleo alternative to spaghetti.
Slow Cooker Spaghetti Squash & Meat Sauce
- Yield: 4 servings
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cooking Time: 3 hr
- 2 lb spaghetti squash
- 1 lb ground meat
- 18 ounces marinara sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp Italian seasoning
- Add marinara sauce, garlic and seasonings to bottom of slow cooker.
- Crumble up ground meat and add to sauce.Stir to mix well.
- Cut spaghetti squash in half crosswise. Scoop out seeds and place each half-open side down in the sauce.
- Cook HIGH 2-3 hrs or LOW 4-6.
- The spaghetti squash will be very hot. You'll need to use tongs or an oven mitt to remove it.
- To serve, scrape a fork across the baked flesh to separate it into pasta-like strands. Top with meat sauce.