If you're a cilantro addict like me, you are so going to love the refreshing combinations of beans, peppers, and cilantro! I actually don't usually cook with beans, but it's a simple way to make an easy lunch or a fun side dish. Top with green onions and flavorful corn for a delicious southwest inspired salad that is perfect for spring entertaining or snacking.
Southwest Bean Salad Recipe
- 15 oz can of garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 15 oz can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- ½ bunch of green onions, diced
- ½ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 red or yellow pepper, chopped (optional)
- 1 can of corn (optional)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Juice from 1 lime
- 1-2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp. cumin
- salt & pepper to taste
- Combine all the ingredients for the salad and mix well.
- Prepare the dressing by mixing the olive oil, lime juice, garlic, and cumin. Add the ingredients together.
- Toss the salad to coat all the ingredients. Serve and enjoy!
You might have most or all of these ingredients in your pantry, so it's a simple way to whip up a cool and refreshing seasonal salad. I would make double of this recipe so that I could leftovers later in the week.
I love tomatoes most of all, so I would add a few extras in my salad. ;) I also think this can be a fun way to jazz up nachos too. If you need a simple appetizer, consider creating this salad and pairing it with your favorite tortillas!