Fresh, healthy and packed with vitamins, fiber and a ton of fresh veggies, you have to try my Spicy Asian Collard Green Wraps!! Use collard greens instead of tortillas!
Spicy Asian Collard Green WrapsPrep Time: 20 min Cooking Time: 5 min
- For the spicy peanut sauce: ¾ cup creamy peanut butter
- ¼ cup water
- 1 heaping tablespoon Korean hot pepper paste (gochujang)
- 1 to 2 teaspoons fresh minced garlic
- juice from ½ a lime
- 1 to 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce (start with one tablespoon)
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 to 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- For the noodles: 6 to 8 oz. sweet potato glass noodles
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 to 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- For the wraps: 5 to 6 collard green leafs
- fresh, green lettuce; shredded
- red cabbage, finely shredded
- 1 to 2 carrots, peeled and julienned
- red bell peppers, thinly sliced
- Toothpicks to close
- For the peanut sauce: Using a small to medium sized mixing bowl, mix together the Mighty Nut Powdered Peanut Butter with some water until you have the consistency of creamy peanut butter. Taste and adjust ingredients as needed. Mix in the gochujang, garlic, lime juice, soy sauce, hoisin sauce and sesame oil. Whisk together until smooth. Taste and adjust ingredients as needed.
- For the noodles: Boil the noodles according to package instructions, usually for only 4 to 5 minutes. Drain, rinse and let cool slightly. Mix together with the sesame oil and soy sauce. Taste and adjust ingredients as needed.
- For the wraps: Cut off the stem on the collard greens, then cut out the stem completely. You will be left with two pieces.
- To assemble: spread in the peanut sauce onto a collard green leaf, top with some seasoned noodles, and then top with the lettuce, shredded red cabbage, carrots and red bell peppers.
- Roll the wrap, starting from the bottom, going up. Secure close with a toothpick. Serve with the leftover peanut sauce and enjoy!
To see my video of me making these, visit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0_xtortRcU