Memorial Day weekend is almost here. This weather in Philadelphia needs to start getting warmer so we can start to enjoy BBQs. In our house we grill all year around. I love to create different sides for our BBQ dishes. This one I think is by far one of my favorites. It’s a super easy and delicious orzo pasta with sweet corn and asparagus. The dressing is light and fresh. I hope you enjoy.
Spring orzo salad
- Servings: 6-8
- Prep Time: 25 min
- Cooking Time: 30 min
- 1 package Orzo pasta, follow cooking instructions on package
- 2 cups cooked corn kernels
- Stalk of asparagus, chopped and blanched
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- ¼ cup chives, chopped optional
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- ½ cup EVOO
- In a large bowl whisk together lemon juice, lemon zest, salt & pepper and EVOO until well incorporated. Now in the same bowl as the dressing add orzo, asparagus, corn and chives toss everything together. Place in the refrigerator to cool. Serve in a large bowl.