Crisp and juicy, this is The Very Best Chicken Parmesan. Lighter than the traditional, this version uses a quick frying technique before finishing off in the oven. Easy and satisfying. For full recipe visit The Suburban Soapbox.
- 3 Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning Blend (I use Spice Islands)
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups Panko bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3 cups low sodium marinara sauce (or use my recipe for Stove Top Marinara)
- 1 pound fresh mozzarella, sliced into 1/4 inch rounds
- 3/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Chopped parsley and basil for garnish
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and heat 1 1/2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large saute pan over medium high heat.
- Pound each chicken cutlet between two sheets of plastic wrap until they are an even thickness and then slice in half to make two equal servings. In a bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, pepper and italian seasoning. Lightly beat the eggs in a second bowl and add the panic bread crumbs to a third bowl. Dredge each cutlet in the flour, egg, and panko and place in the heated saute pan. Cook the cutlets until golden brown, about two minutes on each side. Repeat with the remaining oil and cutlets.
- Place the sautéed cutlets on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Top with marinara sauce and mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle with the parmesan and bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Serve immediately with the parsley and basil.