Make breakfast special this Valentine's Day with a Strawberry White Hot Chocolate & Pancakes! The strawberry sauce doubles up as the pancake syrup, making this breakfast extra special and delicious!
Valentine's Day Breakfast: Strawberry White Hot Chocolate & Pancakes
- Servings: 4 servings
- 12oz strawberries, fresh or defrosted from frozen, chopped
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 cups milk
- ¾ cup white chocolate chips
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 drops natural, red food coloring, (optional)
- Whipped cream, for topping
- In a small sauce pan, combine chopped strawberries and honey. Cook over medium heat for about 10 minutes, until the strawberries begin to break down, stirring frequently. Remove from heat, transfer to a blender and blend until smooth. To remove the strawberry seeds, pour through a sieve or cheesecloth to remove them.
- In a medium sauce pan over low heat, bring the milk to a simmer, whisking constantly. Before the milk reaches a boiling point, when it begins to bubble around the edges, remove pan from heat and add in the white chocolate and mix until smooth.
- Add in ½ - ¾ cup of berry puree, vanilla extract and a pinch of salt and stir until combined. If the strawberry white hot chocolate isn’t “pink enough”, add 1-2 drops of natural food coloring. Serve into 4 mugs and top with whipped cream.
Want to see how it's made? Check out this video from the MOMables YouTube Channel.