Quick and Easy Sloppy Joe's
- Yield: Serves 4 to 6
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cooking Time: 30 min
- 1 lb Hamburger 80/20. Room temperature
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt. Taste and add as needed.
- 1 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper. Taste and add as needed
- 6 stalks celery medium chopped
- 1 bottle 24 oz Heinz ketchup. Please no substitutions
- 1 package high quality hot dog buns
- Pre heat a large size cast iron pan to med high
- Put hamburger in hot pan and spread it out. Do not move for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir hamburger into small bits and brown. You want a good caramelized sear. This is all your flavor. Scrape bits from pan.
- Fold celery in and sear. You want it to be al dente
- Fold in entire bottle of ketchup
- Stir and cook until mix becomes thick and caramelized
- Serve on warm hot dog buns. Add cheese if desired.
Note: I use a lot of salt in this dish.
"Happy Food To Eat"