If your married for any amount of time, you know marriage can be hard, and it takes constant work for it to continue to thrive. I have been married for 13 years, and we have had many ups and downs. Many of the "downs" were because of our lack of "connecting" with each other. So...I am sharing 10 ways to connect with your spouse. You can easily do these today. I know it will help your marriage thrive in a new way.
1. Plan a date night for this week. Go out just you 2 or plan a romantic night in.
2. Send a sweet text to your spouse. Express how much you love them & how grateful you are to be married to them.
3. Touch them every hour when you are together. At some point...every hour, give them a kiss, rub their back or touch in some meaningful way.
4. Bring them a simple surprise. This could be their favorite food, flowers, or even a candy bar.
5. Have a electronic free night. Put your phones away, turn off the T.V., and spend quality time together. Play a game, catch up in a more detailed way, and set some goals together.
6. Be intimate. Yep, this is so important in marriage. Make a choice to be extra romantic & enjoy one of the best parts of marriage.
7. Express thankfulness. Take some time to intentionally list to your spouse the things you love and appreciate about them & how they contribute to your life and/or your family. Encourage them.
8. Pray together. Share with each other what you need prayer for & take some time to hold hands and pray with each other.
9. Make intentional eye contact every time they speak. Stop what your doing and give them your full attention.
10. Make a meal together. Put on some music & work together in the kitchen to prepare a meal.
These are 10 simple ways that you can connect with your spouse today. Pick a few and intentionally do them. I know this will revive your marriage! Being intentional is everything in marriage. The more effort you put in, the better it is. Everyone wants to feel loved, cherished, important & special. Finding ways to do that are essential for a joyful marriage that will last a lifetime.