I'm not a psychologist but I am in the middle of my own chaotic storm. It's the storm called life as a working mama of three.
What works for your happiness may be slightly different than mine, but I'm willing to share and you can try my five steps if you want to.
1. Walk Away. I'm not ashamed to admit that I sneak away to the bathroom to catch my breath.
2. Stay Away. Milk that bathroom break as long as the little people will let you.
3. Choose Joy. Countless mamas have told me to actively seek and choose joy. That's easier said than done if you don't know what you're looking for.
Seeking joy (to me) is kind of like walking into the living room to see the baby has dumped his cup of milk on the floor ... but at least it wasn't on the carpet. You know, silver lining and stuff.
4. Be Silly. My happiest mama moments are when I get stupid with my kids. I love to sing (though I shouldn't sing), and they laugh heartily at my expense. My husband said they think I'm crazy. That's okay with me. At least they'll have something to remember besides the nagging.
5. Give Lots of Hugs. When the day is done, do your kids know that you love them?
"They may forget what you said — but they will never forget how you made them feel." - Carl W. Buehner