The perfect quick and easy holiday appetizer!
Baked Brie in Puff Pastry with Honey and Almonds
- Yield: 10-12
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cooking Time: 20 min
- 12 or 13 ounce wheel of brie
- 3 tablespoons honey
- ⅓ cup sliced almonds
- 1 sheet puff pastry defrosted
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- Roll the puff pastry into 12-inch square. Place brie in center and top with 2 tablespoons of honey and half the almonds.
- Fold up the corners of puff pastry one at a time, brushing all the dough with the egg wash as you go, using it like glue to hold the pastry together. Continue to brush the egg wash over the top and sides of the dough after formed.
- Bake the brie at 400 degrees for 10 minutes, then carefully pull the oven rack out without removing the brie from the oven. Quickly drizzle with a tablespoon of honey and sprinkle with the remaining almond slices. Slide the Brie back in the oven and continue baking for another 10 minutes.
- Be careful to not let the almonds burn. Serve warm with crackers.
The almonds and honey on top of the puff pastry will burn if you bake them too long. That's why I recommend you add them after the brie is half baked.