I admit, this may not be totally authentic - I'm not Southern or even American, but this is really delicious and easy and has been loved by everyone who tried it. The pork becomes so flavorful and tender - enjoy with your favorite sides, like biscuits and collards. So good!
Easy slow cooker bbq pork with homemade sauce
- Yield: 2-3
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cooking Time: 6 hr
- ½ cup tomato ketchup
- 2tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2tbsp brown sugar
- 1tbsp Worchestershire sauce
- 1tsp mustard (I used Dijon but as you prefer)
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo, seeds removed if you prefer less heat, finely chopped
- 1tsp liquid smoke
- 1 small onion
- approz 1.5-2lb bone-in country-style pork ribs or other pork cut
- Put all of the ingredients apart from the pork and onion in a bowl and mix until well combined.
- Peel and slice the onion and put it in the slow cooker with the pork on top, then pour over the sauce.
- Turn the slow cooker on low and leave to cook for around 6-8hours.