5 Things Homeschooling Has Taught Me
1. At-home learning begins the day your children are born. You might not follow a school curriculum, but they learn the greatest lessons by watching you every single day. What do our lives, our language, and our priorities teach them?
2. Don’t ever start lessons before your morning cup of coffee. Just don’t. For the love of caffeine in your veins - don’t do it.
3. When you hear your child say “I can’t,” your heart will ache in ways you never knew it could. You might just realize how often you say it. Say it with me - I CAN. I CAN. I CAN.
4. It’s okay to have FUN FRIDAYS where you let their little imaginations run wild with discovering, creating, and imagining. These are life skills that will take them further than how many trains left the station. I never figured that one out.
5. Some days will be amazing. Some days will be infuriating. Some days you’ll lift your hands to God and praise Him for this unexpected opportunity. Other days, you’ll ask “Are they even learning? Am I qualified to do this?”
Whether your kids are in-school, doing virtual school or you are homeschooling - just know that the most powerful tools we can equip our children with is a love for Jesus, a desire for knowledge, and a vivid imagination that can take them anywhere.
Now say it with me, “We CAN do this!”
Written by: Lizzy M. Christian of Fire Wife Chronicles. 🚒 For more encouragement, subscribe to the blog at lizzychristian.com.