On Sesame Street, learning is around every corner. And it’s not just ABCs and 123s. Whether Elmo and his friends are outdoors, indoors, or on the go, their days – and the days of children everywhere -- are filled with wonderful teachable moments. Children love to learn.
We want to make that “love to learn” spirit even bigger, so we’re launching a series of YouTube playlists that explore a new “every day” topic each month. Hosted by Elmo, these playlists feature brand new videos and songs starring Sesame Street friends like Cookie Monster and Ernie, plus exciting collaborations with fan-favorite YouTube creators and celebrities. It’s a great lineup and we’re glad we can share it with you today!
- July: Animals. To learn about animals, Elmo meets Simon’s Cat, star of one of the most popular animated channels on YouTube, and learns about funny cat behaviors like bath time and playtime. He even learns that he and Simon’s Cat have a lot in common…they just maybe do things a little differently!
- August: Games and Sports. To celebrate the Olympics, Elmo and friends learn all about teamwork and sportsmanship with sports star guests.
- September: Ready for School. Elmo can’t wait to get ready for school with the hilarious Eh Bee Family! Elmo loves it all, from packing his backpack and having his picture taken, and gets some tips from the bigger kids who are already pros. Captain America star Anthony Mackie also shares a fun tip to help get kids ready for school.
- October: Music and Dancing. Superstar sisters Lennon & Maisy cover a new arrangement of the classic I Don’t Want to Live on the Moon with Ernie. Plus, Jason Derulo and Tori Kelly teach Elmo new dance moves and how to play the guitar.
- November: Cooking. Cookie Monster celebrates his birthday by guest starring on Rosanna Pansino’s Nerdy Nummies, one of the top three female-hosted channels on YouTube. To celebrate, Cookie Monster learns how to make chocolate chip cookies, his favorite!
- December: Kindness. Kindness. The campaign comes to a close with a topic near and dear to Sesame Street’s heart, kindness. Elmo and social media star Jérôme Jarre join forces on a mission to spread kindness throughout New York City! Plus Grammy-winning country musical group Little Big Town gives Elmo tips on how to get along with your friends. Supporting Kindness Month, Random Acts of Kindness Foundation (RAK) will be be providing family tools, activities and Sesame Street videos to demonstrate how little moments can have a big impact.
In addition to new videos and songs, our education and research team here at Sesame Street will be providing tips, activities, and articles to help you explore these topics with your child even further and encourage a lifelong love of learning. For more Love to Learn materials, look for our new DVD, iTunes collections, games on http://www.sesamestreet.org, and content in Sesame Street magazine.
The first playlist launches on Wednesday, July 6 at http://youtube.com/sesamestreet – see you there!